Wednesday, May 19, 2010

35 Symptoms of Menopause

While walking through the pharmacy, this morning, I became exceptionally dizzy. I had this “Whoosh, Whoosh, Whoosh” sound in my ears. I just made it back to my desk to sit down before I truly thought I would pass out.

After mentioning this to Timothy he suggested I go to the dr. I laughed and said: “He is just going to say I am menopausal.” Timothy said “not for dizziness!”

This got me to thinking and on my break I Googled the symptoms of Menopause, and found the 35 Symptoms of Menopause. It’s funny how many of the symptoms I have.

I’ve talked to my Dr. before and he says it’s not necessary to do anything as it is a normal part of a woman’s life…easy for him to say as he is not the one suffering with sudden crying jags for little to no reason, hot flashes, heart pounding, inability to come up with the word you are trying to say, itching, growing waist line, ringing in the ears, overwhelming feelings of apprehension and anxiety etc. I have decided to try a natural approach and see if it doesn’t take the edge off. We will see! J.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so this makes me curious. Since you had a hysterectomy, you still go through menopause? I just don't know how any of that works. I hope your natural approach works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes in fact because I had my hysterectomy when I was 25, and still had one ovary I had surgical menopause for 6 months after my surgery and then things evened out and my remaining ovary kicked in and provided the hormones that subsequently reversed the menopausal symptoms. Then a few years ago I had to have my remaining ovary removed so I am back to the surgical menopause.

    ReplyDelete