Monday, April 19, 2010

"Be Still and Know that I am God"

The gentle breeze blowing the cap sleeves of my blouse and my messily clipped back hair is whooshing off the tension of the day as I sit on my newly planted deck overlooking our river valley, and the lightly snow-capped Cascade Mountains. I’ve been looking at this same valley and these very same mountains my whole life. Home! What a blessed 4 letter word that is. I SO enjoy being at home. I love the way the falling sun’s soft yellow touches the tips of the mountains, and the reflection of the trees at the bend of the river. I love thinking about all the people in the cars crossing the valley floor headed home. The slightly pungent smell of the pollen on the flowers surrounding me tickles my nose. The goose-bumps which tell me it is still April, highlight succinctly that I’m alive. I’M ALIVE! What a beautiful feeling!


Thank you Lord for the wonder of your creation! I admire the skill with which you formed the mountains, every tree, the song you put in the throat of the bird on the wire above, and the smell of the flowers and freshly mowed lawn. I am grateful for the feeling of the air in my lungs and the swelling of joy in my heart. I feel your breath in the wind which blows the cloud bank a little closer with every minute. It all speaks of you, points to you. Your presence could not feel any more tangible, and real. My heart knows that You are God!

Father we love you we worship and adore you

Glorify Thy name in all the earth

Glorify Thy name

Glorify Thy name

Glorify Thy name in all the earth!


J.

No comments:

Post a Comment