Saturday, July 10, 2010

July Heat Wave

Last fall I was a little(very little) annoyed when Timothy came home from the store having stopped at a garage sale where he purchased a window air conditioner.


He thought that this summer on our 5(yes only 5) days of unbearable heat that we could mount this in my parents bedroom to keep them cool. So when the forecast was for 4 days over 90 we decided it was time to deploy it.

We took it to Mom and Dad's and they didn't want it. We tried to talk them into it, because they truly needed it...but to no avail. So Timothy brought it back home, mounted it in our bedroom window and we have thoroughly enjoyed climbing into bed and sleeping like babies! I can't say if my parents, in hind sight, regret their decision or not.

One thing I have noticed is that skin is on display. At the mall last night, it was everywhere, bare shoulders, legs, tummies etc. Even in our own living room I couldn't help but notice it:



Having the sun out, especially in light of far too many weeks where it never appeared, has been absolutely wonderful, lovely, cheerful, warming, and exactly what we needed.

Thank you Lord for this lovely week of sunny weather, and thank you for the $30 garage sale air conditioner. We've truly appreciated it! J.

2 comments:

  1. Whew! I'm glad there were no bare tummies in your living room. :)

    Isn't A.C. a blessing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha that pic of all of our legs really cracks me up. thanks mum!

    ReplyDelete