Friday, July 2, 2010

Boo Hoo For Me!

I am quite possibly the most self-centered, immature middle aged woman alive!!! There is no time to think, I am slammed with work to do, yet in my heart and mind I am feeling sorry for myself because I feel left out. There was a family get together and "everyone" was there. We were not even invited. Boo Hoo for me!

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2

If that isn't perspective I don't know what is. Moving on! J.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think it was meant to be a "family get together". It was originally just supposed to be with the grandparents I think, but since my family lives there they were eating too and invited us. I'm sorry you felt left out, it wasn't intentional I'm sure! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand completely...there was part of me that was being silly about it. :) It's funny how growing up never really ends till heaven. :) I was really really tired this morning and overly emotional as a result. I am trying to be as honest as I can in my blog...the ugly stuff too. I can't be the only 43 year old who is sometimes immature...I suppose that we all have our moments. It makes me smile now. I know that God is working in my and that this is the type of thing He's working on. :) I love you too Bec!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Aunt Jeanne. I had no idea you guys weren't invited. I just assumed you were busy and couldn't make it. Silly me for assuming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you too Cassandra...I'm sorry we didn't get to see you, but we do get to see you daily on FB, and in your blog. :) I'm thankful for these ways of connecting to those who are far away.

    ReplyDelete