Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Crabapple Lake - 071110

One of our favorite places to go is a little State Fisheries lake called Crabapple Lake. It is SO quiet. No motors allowed, the lake is surrounded by beautiful homes, and some adorable little cabins. In the past we've even set up a card table and played pinochle with my parents. It's the perfect place to spend a Sunday afternoon!

Though the lake was beautiful, and the relaxation was delightful the most precious part of the whole afternoon was having all our kids with us. My heart overflowed with gratitude for each moment. I treasured it all...every laugh, tease, facial expression, drop of splashed water, playfulness, hug, sigh, silliness, and kiss. All pure joy!

We fulfilled a long time goal and put our canoe in and canoed around "our" lake. Such fun!

Daphne - hiding her baby bump behind Peter(there were other pics of them, but I promised her I would only post this one.)



The girls way out in the lake floating, yacking, and laughing!



Peter "trying" to hit them with a rock...
He came within feet, as they egged him on with "Lame!" "Hit us" "Come on"



Joel really wanted to take the canoe out. Becca nearly capsized them getting in...I wish I had a video of it, it was hilarious. Then once she got in she sat backwards toward Joel. What a crack up!



Silly Becca! I love that girl!



Lounging and munching!


I love this man! He's so fun to play with!



Our family - I can't even begin to put into words the emotion I feel when seeing this picture.


As in the canoe, we are in life...together and loving it.
Each having their very own, made just for them, spot in our boat, family, hearts.

Sweet, precious, wonderful times! Thank you Lord! J.

Out Takes - My camera was set to video not picture:

Out Take at Crapapple from Jeanne Hisey on Vimeo.






1 comment: