Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tool or Weapon?

I was thinking about the “Gaza Blockade” and the “Peaceful Flotilla of Relief Workers” who were hurt and killed.
Israel is under attack by Hamas and says it’s trying to protect its self.
I heard a “Relief Worker” State they wanted to break up the Blockade because it was wrong.
A blockade is a weapon of war.
The “Relief Workers” were given an option of another port to which they could go to be inspected and the supplies distributed.
The “Relief Workers” walked unarmed, with full knowledge, into a weapon of war.

I remembered a poem by Robert Frost:
The objection to being stepped on.

At the end of the row
I stepped on the toe
Of an unemployed hoe.
It rose in offense
And struck me a blow
In the seat of my sense.
It wasn't to blame
But I called it a name.
And I must say it dealt
Me a blow that I felt
Like a malice prepense.
You may call me a fool,
But was there a rule
The weapon should be
Turned into a tool?
And what do we see?
The first tool I step on
Turned into a weapon.

A hoe…
Tool or weapon?

Member of the Flotilla…
Relief Worker or Combatant?

Hmmmm?
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment