Saturday, June 12, 2010

Out of My Comfort Zone

Out of my comfort zone does not come close to describing it. Tonight I am auditioning for a part in a Fishnet Theatre play. What??? I know right?!? I have never acted in my life…ok I played a saloon girl in a western in Jr. High…and all I did was sit on the lap of a Jr. High cowboy who acted like I was a real saloon girl(he was all hands.) Not a great experience! Auditioning is not entirely by my own choice. I’m doing it solely for Timothy. When your husband says “It would really mean a lot to me…” what is a girl supposed to do? He has said I could back out, but I can see it in his face…it really would mean a lot to him.


Never mind the many real reasons why it would be terribly difficult if I would get a part and actually have to tour with the play(time, over-commitment, stage fright, loading and unloading the trailer etc.), I don’t even know if I can act. Never a dream of mine, acting, seems like something other people do…the overly emotive, extroverted, melodramatic, attention seeking people…right? While I can be melodramatic, and who doesn’t like people to pay attention to them, it’s just not in my nature to think acting would be a good idea.


So here I sit at a cross-road…today is the day! My heart is racing with fear, self-consciousness, guilt, and dread. All I can think about is kindly explaining to Timothy that I just can’t do it and book foot the other direction. But I know in my heart that he would be horribly disappointed and that makes me sad.


What will I do?!? YIKES!! I can’t wait to see how this cliff hanger ends…Stay tuned for the full story tonight at 11:00 p.m.

J.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!! :) And even if somehow you don't get the part, at least you'll have tried, and so Timothy won't be disappointed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you have the peace and love of God with you and the support of your family and friends. You are really stepping out of your comfort zone and I admire you for that. Love you.

    ReplyDelete