Thursday, September 16, 2010

True Confessions

True Confessions:  My name is Jeanne and I have Verbal Dyslexia.  It's true...I know.  *shame* 

Seriously...I have a verbal condition where I take the first letter from the two words and swap them.  For example this morning I meant to say Lunch and Dinner, but I said Dunch and Linner.  It's unbelievable to me how often I do this.  Heter Pisey, Sicken Chandwich, Champoo and Shonditioner etc.

And if not Verbal Dyslexia, just like a very slow computer, my brain gives me the hour glass...I know exactly what I am trying to say but for the life of me I can't draw the word out of my brainal filing cabinets.  So I say stupid things like:  "Oh you know those cars that go bump?!?"  and Hannah says "You mean bumper cars?"  or "You know...what bears do in the winter?!?"  "Hibernate?" "Yes, yes!  Hibernate!"  or "You know what I mean...the chair with wheels?(As I move my hands back and forth in front of me)"  "Wheelchair?"  Menopause, alzheimers, brain lapse, I don't know.  Suffice to say though at times frustrating, it is also a source of much laughter...at my expense.  The ability to laugh at oneself is crucial.  :)  Hope you have a dreat gay!  J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment