Friday, September 10, 2010

Today

Today has such potential.  There are so many choices ahead of me.  Will I finally put the clean clothes away?  Will I find homes for the plethora of items that were moved out of our spare room, after it lost it's spare status?  Will I use the time wisely, or fritter it away?  I could vacuum...it certainly needs to be done.  The kitchen floor needs a scrubbing, and the laundry needs to be finished.  I need to call my insurance and ask the questions that have needed to be asked for weeks now.  Will I call and talk to my sweet elderly friend?  We need to pack and finish preparations for camping...we leave at noon.  So many things that need to be done, so many options.  The choices are endless.  

All of that will wait...I'm going to climb back into bed next to my best friend, the love of my life.  I'm going to quietly sneak up behind him and snuggle, breathe in his scent, wrap my arm around him, and feel his skin against mine. Taking this moment will set the tone for the rest of the day!  Thank you Lord for this man.  J.

No comments:

Post a Comment