Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fishing Quickie

Pre-dawn Saturday Timothy and I slipped out the door to meet my Niece, Sister, and my Sister's friend to go fishing.  We checked out one spot...no fish jumping so we went back to our favorite spot where the fish were clearly present.  Check out the pics!

The rocks there are loose and tough to climb/stand on.  Kesa and Timothy both enjoyed a little dip in the river due to slipping rocks. 
Yes I caught a BIG one!  He weighed 8 lbs, and was 28 inches long.  It's still a thrill.  Can't imagine it getting old.
I suppose if you know me...you may be used to this wild eyed excited look...but I must say it's a revelation to me.  I didn't know that I went all spazzy-eyed when I was excited.  It makes me a bit self-conscious.  I'm glad that in the moment I don't think of my big buggy eyes....I'm too busy sucking the life out of every single moment. 

Timothy and I've been talking about how you know you have become a real fisherman...I thought it was catching a fish, but then I did that and it just didn't seem to quite make it.  Then I thought it was cleaning the fish, and though I really enjoy doing that, and feel a little pro I don't think that makes it either.  Then I caught my first salmon and I thought surely that must be it right?...but no...I think I have it now...when you stop taking pictures of yourself with your catch...then you know you are a true fisherman.  I don't know when that will happen for me...but I'm sure it will.
I cleaned him and we had him(well part of him...he was too big to eat in one sitting...so...there is some in the freezer for another time...or two) for dinner.  YUM! J.

No comments:

Post a Comment