Thursday, April 7, 2011

Half Full/Half Empty

I am a morning person.  Normally I wake organically between 4 - 5(the older I get it's getting to be 5 - 6).  The moment my eyes open I begin to think about all the appointments, the meetings, the tasks of the coming day.  All the potential of the day excites me.  I look forward to accomplishing, connecting...and I purposely anticipate the happiness that this day holds.

Today that is not the case.  Half empty is the best way to describe how I feel.  Dread and fear threaten to wash over me.  What will today bring?  Will I find answers...or just more questions?  Will the future be clearer or more muddy?  Dread and fear.

And as the water cools in my bubbly bath, and I change the music on my Pandora from melancholy piano music to Chris Tomlin's Amazing Grace... "My chains are gone, I've been set free.  My God my Savior has ransomed me.  And like a flood His mercy reigns.  Unending love, Amazing Grace."  Hope.  Perspective. 

This day just like every other holds no promise in and of itself.  There are no guarantees of  a great day...things going as I hope...no unavoidable demise around the next corner.  Things good and bad will happen today.  A series of choices face me...what will I decide to do?  I choose to be kind to annoying co-workers, and I will encourage a discouraged old woman where I can. I will ask the questions that my heart is pondering, and get whatever answers are there to be had.  I will seek expert advice and rely on what they know...which is considerably more than I know.  

More importantly I choose to hope in the Eternal, Sovereign God who has a perfect plan for my life.  He knows what today holds, and He is more than enough to get me through whatever it is that today holds. I will trust Him.  I will trust in His plan...in His wisdom.  I choose Half-full!  J.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you today and every day. Love you, my friend. ~L

    ReplyDelete