Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Swim lessons - Update

A short update on my swim lessons:  I have taken 4 classes now and I’m excited to tell you all that I have successfully learned to do the breathing.  Last night I swam several full lengths of the pool breathing alternating between the left and right.  My biggest problem is stamina.  I get winded too easily.  That will come with practice and time.  My teacher told me that my stroke looks great, even when I tire.  So WHOO HOO!!!   It feels so great to have struggled but pushed through.  I feel so strong when I’m swimming.  I’m still trying to find that groove where you are just swimming along without too much thought, effort, or accidently trying to breathe into my nose instead of out.  I feel that with another practice or two I will be ready to learn the next thing.  I am signing up for the next session of classes as well.  I’m SO excited!

3 comments:

  1. Jeanne,
    I am so excited for you doing these swim goals. And I will be waiting to hear about the flip! Holding you accountable.....Your friend, Loretta : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are the next Olympics?? Go Jeanne! ~L

    ReplyDelete